Disputes are the unfortunate result of an ever increasingly litigious society. We can help you make the right decisions on how to deal with them.
If you are faced with a dispute or find yourself in disagreement with another party for whatever reason we can help.
Whether you are an individual, company, charity or sole trader, our litigation and dispute resolution team are on hand to assist.
Left unresolved, disputes can be stressful, time-consuming and a costly distraction.
We can provide you with the comprehensive support and sound advice needed to help you get you through the relevant processes and conclude matters in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
Contact us at the earliest opportunity so we can advise on the merits of your case and help you achieve the best outcome.
We take pride on being able to match the expertise of larger firms, at a more affordable price.
When you choose to use our legal services we will discuss your options and agree the strategy which is most practical and cost-effective for you. We are also experienced in most forms of dispute resolution.
Whilst able to handle your proceedings at court we often resolve matters through less confrontational alternatives such as mediation and direct negotiation.
Our legal team includes 2 members of The Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists and 1 member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association.
We are able to provide specialist advice in respect of various types of disputes including:
- Estate and Probate Disputes Under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Trust Disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Boundary and Rights of Way Disputes
- Commercial Contract Disputes
- Breach of Directors’ Duties
- Negligence Claims Against Professionals
- Breach of Restrictive Covenants
Types of work we have undertaken include:
- Representing trustees in a long running multi-million pound breach of trust dispute.
- Settling a dispute concerning a claim made under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 by the estranged husband of the deceased.
- Acting on behalf of partner in recovering share of partnership profits on dissolution of partnership.
- Successfully defending a proprietary estoppel claim relating to a disputed transfer of ownership a large commercial building complex that reached the Court of Appeal.
- Successfully recovering a 33% share of a deceased’s estate in a claim made under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 where the claimant was a friend of the deceased.
- Obtaining possession of a property in a deceased’s estate in which the daughter of the deceased had resided for a decade following her mother’s death.
- Representing charities in recovering delayed legacy payments.
- Advising beneficiaries in respect of their entitlement from a discretionary trust in a long running dispute with the trustee.
- We have also appeared on Good Morning Britain for legal comment in respect of cases of interest related to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.